The Atheros AR6102 is a member of the WLAN ROCm family of chips. The compact size and low power consumption of this design make it an ideal vehicle for adding WLAN to hand-held and other battery-powered consumer electronic devices. The IEEE 802.11g (2.4 GHz) standard is supported by this chipset.
The AR6102 family includes a highly integrated, RF front-end (Power Amplifier, Low-Noise Amplifier and RF switch) and high-frequency reference clock, enabling low-cost designs with minimal external components. Advanced architecture and protocol techniques save power during sleep, stand-by and active states.
The AR6102 family supports 2, 3 and 4 wire Bluetooth coexistence protocols with advanced algorithms for predicting channel usage by the co-located Bluetooth transceiver. A 26MHz reference clock output is also available, eliminating the need for a dedicated BT clock.
The AR6102 provides multiple peripheral interfaces including UART
- IEEE 802.11b/g compliant
- Data rates of 1–54 Mbps for 802.11g
- Advanced power management to minimize standby, sleep and active power
- Security support for WPS, WPA2, WPA, WAPI and protected management frames
- Support for 2.4 GHz operation in all available bands in all regulatory domains
- Full 802.11e QoS support including WMM and U-APSD
- Support for fast Tx and Rx antenna diversity allowing optimal antenna selection on a per-packet basis
- Supports both SDIO 1.1 and GSPI host interfaces.
- Standard 2, 3 and 4 wire Bluetooth coexistence handshake support
- 16550-compliant UARTWake-on-Wireless (WoW) maximizes host sleep duration
- 7.4 x 8 mm LGA package
- Pre-certified to meet FCC, ETSI, and TELEC standards
- Integrated PA, LNA, RF switch and High Freq Reference Clock, minimizing external component count
- Integrated RF shielding
- Suports cellular co-existence with an external band-pass filter
- Chipset: Atheros AR6102G
- I/O: SDIO
- Size: .945 W x 1.7 L inches (Approx)
- External Case: None
- Antenna(s): 1 onboard microstrip antenna; 1 U.FL antenna connector
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V+/-5%
- Typical RF Performance:
- 1Mbps: -97dBm typical/preliminary
- 6Mbps: -92dBm typical/preliminary
- 54Mbps: -75dBm typical/preliminary
- Temperature: -20 to 85C
- IEEE: 802.11b/g compliant; 802.11b: 1 to 11Mbps; 802.11g: 6 to 54Mbps
- Hardware Security Supported: AES, TKIP, WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.11i
- OS Compatibility: Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.x/6.0, Linux
- Regulatory Approvals: *No regulatory agency approvals have been obtained on this product. It is intended for engineering development purposes only.
- Note: This card does not include driver software. Driver software needs to be licensed from Card Access.